Windows Server 2012 R2 has been officially released in 2012 and many Tech IT professionals are using it for managing servers. This software is developed by Microsoft and is compatible with all Windows operating systems. As a system administrator, I have been using and testing it for a long time. Recently Microsoft has announced a lot of new features that admins should find it useful. You can download Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition from our website. I would recommend every Windows Server admin to give it a try. You can also check other operating systems like Microsoft Windows 10 Lite and Microsoft Windows 7 Lite for better PC performance.
Before jumping into the review, I would like to tell you that this product is now officially available for free download with all the latest updates. You can get the advantage of its top features and services. For example high security, resource management between application and user, hosting a website and many more. The Windows Server 2012 R2 has been featured by Microsoft because of its unique features. If you have used the Windows Server 2008 R2, you may feel a lot of enhancements in the 2012 edition.
According to Microsoft’s CEO, “Security is our first and foremost priority.” This software is capable of providing ultimate security and keeps the online server safe. Therefore, no one has to worry about their data lose. Previously it could be installed on a small office network but now it has the ability to manage big physical and virtual servers. It makes server management easy.
The new data duplication feature in Windows Server 2012 R2 is responsible to take care of things from email inboxes to file sharing. For example, you have many virtual hard disks connected to the server and all of them have lots of duplicated files and apps. Data Duplication removes all the redundant apps and from those VHDs and keep only one. This way it makes the server efficient and fast.
Highlighted Features of Windows Server 2010 R2
Below are some of the top features of Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Being the 6th version of the Windows Server family, it is loaded with a lot of new features.
- It provides support for Office 365, which is quite a good feature. You will not be worried about using it in the office.
- Microsoft has announced a lot of security updates for Windows Server 2012 R2. This is going to be the most secure operating system in this series.
- There are some modifications in the user interface including the start button and home page with lots of new apps and beautiful thumbnails.
- Alternative Windows Deployment Services Remote Installation Services is another amazing feature.
- It will improve the overall performance of the server.
- It can help you to manage the IP addresses that are hitting the server.
Minimum System Requirements
- Memory (RAM): Minimum 1 GB
- Full Setup Size: 4.6 GB (64-Bit)
- HDD (Hard Disk Drive): Minimum 5 GB Free Space Required
- Processor: Intel Dual Core Or Advance
Technical Setup Details
- Software Full Name: Windows Server 2012 R2
- Latest Version Added: 2021
- Developers: Microsoft
- Setup Type: Offline Installer / Official Files
- Compatibility: 32 Bit (x86) / 64 Bit (x64)
Get the Latest Setup for Windows server 2012 R2 Now
Download Windows Server 2012 R2 from our online store. We provide genuine setups for all kind of operating systems and software that you cannot find them anywhere. You can browse our website for more software applications. Hope you’ll find it helpful.
This article was last updated in September 2021.